Strike Three Press
Subscribe to the print edition of
Artist Book News
|Promote your books with the Printed Artist Book News
Next Issue: April 2019
Reserve now with a $50 deposit!
Full payment due before March 15th,
Photos and text due March 30th.
Celebrating our 13th year in print!
To sell books. To build artists name recognition. To gain exposure with known buyers. This commercially printed newsletter targets the US market and a PDF file that targets the international market segment, both are difficult and expensive to reach. It is a concentrated market of educated artist book buyers in public and private art special collections, in public, museum, college, and university libraries. While most of the mailings are in the US, there are a number in Canada, UK, France, Germany, Ireland, Belgian, Spain, New Zealand, and Australia. ABNews gives the book artist a way to present their work to these specialized buyers. It is a valuable reference and resource kept by many libraries. Published Spring and Fall, this high quality newsletter is free to the target market. The artists promoted share the cost. All sales, invoicing and shipping is between the artist and buyer.
What artists need to submit:
• $50 reserves your space. Refundable up until February 30th (less $15 service fee).
• Photo(s), more than one gives me better design options and is greatly appreciated, of ONE book, however you can include 2 views of the book, such as cover and inside spread. Photos should be a minimum of 300 ppi at an approximate size of 5x7" in a jpeg, tiff or Photoshop file. Send in an email or on a CD. You can purchase a double space to allow for larger photos and more text or to show 2 different books.
• Text, write interesting text so the reader can't wait to buy your book. And don't forget to write an eye catching headline. Use the sample issue as a gauge as to how much to write. The text can be sent within an email or an attached .txt or .doc file. The less text, the bigger the photo and vice versa. You will have the opportunity to proof the issue and make corrections and minor text changes. Last minute changes involving major layout changes will incur an extra charge.
The Newsletter fee is only $255 for one space or $435 for a double space. This fee covers the design, production, printing, and postage, and a free web page (limited offer) on Artist Book News Online. Additional printed copies may be purchased for a minimal charge of $35 (includes US postage) per 100, international postage extra.
• Reservations can be made now or until the newsletter is full, the number of participants/ books is limited to 12, so don't procrastinate!
• Payment may be made in monthly payments, you design the payment plan, but needs to be paid in full by March 15th.
• Payments can be made by check, money order or PayPal (please add 3% for PayPal fee).
• Photos and text will be due March 30th, sooner is nice!
• Mailing address for payment and CD's is:
Mystical Places Press,
10 S Cove Ave #11,
Wenatchee, WA 98801-2565 USA
I reserve the right to reject books or photos that are not of acceptable quality.
Jill Timm --- jtimm(at) aol.com